Hi Jon,

> the bug ticket is 'ooDialog 4.2.0' - would this bug get more attention if
> the milestone was '5.1.0'

No. The ooDialog.xxx Bug groups are outdated since ooDialog is now a part
of ooRexx 5.

Even if we don't know how to fix this problem, could we not handle it such
> that it throws a rexx error rather than crashing the interpreter?

No, if the problem isn't fixed, it will crash.

Is anyone likely to fix this problem or handle the errors in the (near)
> future?

I've posted a work-around in the bug report at
https://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/bugs/1647/
Please use it until the issue can be identified and fixed.