Here I am again.

On the ooRexx sourceforge site, if you go to the svn source files look for rexxgtk directory, where there is Dave Ashley's trial for GTK3, that does not work right away, but with a couple of patches it will generate a valid "oorexxgtk3" shared library.

To make the shared library make sure you have the necessary bulding tools via

(sudo) apt install build-essential

and

(sudo) apt install libgtk-3-dev

make sure oorexxapi.h can be included during compile

I encountered a problem with "gtk_set_locale" not being declared and circumvented that by including in rexxgtk.cpp:

#include "locale.h"

and changing gtk_set_locale;

to:

 setlocale(LC_ALL,"en_US");

make --build then creates a working oorexxgtk3 shared library in the build/bin directory

Perhaps something similar can/has to be done for GTK4?

hth

Ruurd