Em sáb., 23 de dez. de 2023 10:27, Rony G. Flatscher <
rony.flatsc...@wu.ac.at> escreveu:

> Great!
>
> Clicking on the "RPM Lint" tab for 15.5 gives the following hint/advice:
>
> liboorexx4.ppc64le: I: binary-or-shlib-calls-gethostbyname
> /usr/lib64/librxsock.so.4
> The binary calls gethostbyname(). Please port the code to use
> getaddrinfo().
>
> So maybe we should change that accordingly?

Yes, that would be nice to look into. I *think* there was another
(historical) issue where it embedded the current date/time in the main
binary, which I suppressed with rpmlintrc. That affects reproducible
builds, as the binary will always be different over different builds of the
same code. I don't know if it's still true for 5.0, but for 4.x surely this
was the case. I'll comment out the rpmlintrc later to see what else was
masked.

> Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas everyone!