Dear ooRexx Developers,

My thesis under Prof. Flatscher has now come to an end. I would like to extend
my heartfelt thanks to everyone who has helped me in this endeavor. Special
thanks to Erich and P.O. for their support in implementing ooRexx for Android.
Many thanks!

@ P.O., I haven't forgotten about you, but I found no way to transfer my
compiled files to the virtual machines without the non-functioning scp command.
I will contact you directly in the next few days to provide a step-by-step
guide on how you can copy the now completed APK file to the virtual machine
using the Android Debug Bridge.

Regarding the current status of ooRexx for Android:

  *   ooRexx is functional on Android down to version 11 of Android (equivalent
to API level 30).

     To execute ooRexx scripts, unfortunately a rooted device is required. I
will continue working on a solution to enable this on all devices. I'm not sure
of the form this will take at the moment.

  *   As I have already mentioned, there is now an APK file. I have created a
corresponding GitHub repository which I will keep updated as new versions of
ooRexx are released. The APK is actually just a very small application that
copies the ooRexx files compiled for Android, along with some example files,
onto the rooted Android device. In the repository, there is a detailed
readme.md file explaining everything that needs to be done to execute ooRexx
scripts on Android. It is also possible to write and save your own scripts on
the Android device using a simple text field.
  *   GitHub Repository: https://github.com/itsmetjk/ooRexx5_for_AndroidOS.git
[https://opengraph.githubassets.com/947d2d93f6ae3ab37b963cfca16567d530d357eb30f283da3e4350004a2deb73/itsmetjk/ooRexx5_for_AndroidOS]<https://github.com/itsmetjk/ooRexx5_for_AndroidOS.git>
GitHub - itsmetjk/ooRexx5_for_AndroidOS: This repository holds the current
Android Package Kit (APK) for installing the necessary Files for ooRexx 5 on
Android OS<https://github.com/itsmetjk/ooRexx5_for_AndroidOS.git>
This repository holds the current Android Package Kit (APK) for installing the
necessary Files for ooRexx 5 on Android OS - GitHub -
itsmetjk/ooRexx5_for_AndroidOS: This repository holds the curren...
github.com

  *   The license for the app is Apache 2.0. All files can of course be freely
used.

  *   Feedback, suggestions, requests for improvements, or proposals are very
much welcomed. My goal is to continuously enhance the ooRexx experience for
Android. If there are Android experts out there with ideas, I am always happy
to be contacted.

Thanks again and see you soon!

Best regards,
Thomas