The scope is not the variable pool that is used, it is rather the index
used to look up the appropriate variable pool in the object instance. The
results you are showing are the correct one. Also consider the case of two
instances of the same class. The scope in question will be the same in both
instances, but the set of variables that are guarded will be different.
Also note that the scope of methods that have been dynamically added to an
object instance will show up as .Nil. Again, that is the index that is used
to look up the appropriate variable pool.

Rick