Gaby,

I have updated the version of OpenAxiom on

  http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org

to release 1.4.1.  I would like to also provide a recent development
version from the current trunk but when I try to build I run into a
problem with the version of C++:

page@axiom-wiki:~/oa-build$ ../oa-trunk/configure
checking whether g++ supports -std=c++11... configure: error:
OpenAxiom requires a C++11 compiler

What I have here is:

page@axiom-wiki:~/oa-build$ g++ --version
g++ (Ubuntu 4.3.3-5ubuntu4) 4.3.3

This is an older version of Ubuntu

page@axiom-wiki:~/oa-build$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        9.04
Codename:       jaunty

Of course upgrading the OS to a newer version of Ubuntu might be
desirable but it is currently not an option.  What would you consider
to be the next best way to provide a C++11 compiler?  Is there a
reasonably simple way to do that, say like compiling from gcc sources,
without messing up the current dependencies?

Bill Page.