David J. Fiander wrote:
Brandon,

That makes sense.

This probably hasn't come up before because there are few SIP clients that implement lots of enhanced functionality, like renewing and paying fines at the terminal.

Right. I can also see cases where the data is displayed to the user, in which case titles are a good thing to return.

The code that handles what data gets put into the holds, overdue, etc, fields isn't in my SIP protocol code; it's part of the ILS backend module that I call.

So, Bill's the one that decided to return the title, rather than the barcode. Well, my test stub code returned titles, because that makes it easy to read the packets, and Bill just mirrored that.

Either way, it's pretty straight-forward. you just need to edit the ILS::Patron::hold_items() function to return the right stuff from the patron record.

In Brandon's case, we're talking about Patron::overdue_items() and Patron::charged_items(), though, right?

Shortly, I'll be implementing an org unit setting to support the suppression of holds information in patron information requests. (In the case where the client doesn't care about the holds information and a patron has 50+ holds, it's just passing around a lot of unnecessary data.) Along those same lines, we could add an additional org unit setting to determine what data is returned from the overdue|charged_items() calls...

-bill

--
Bill Erickson