On Friday 30 May 2008 11:08 Kevin Beswick wrote:
> This patch adds GNU autotools support to the OpenSRF project.
>
> By having autotools support, one can generate the appropriate
> configure script and Makefiles for OpenSRF by running automake and
> autoconf. They can then configure, compile and install OpenSRF by
> running the generated files. The configure script checks dependencies,
> sets install locations, compiler flags, install options, etc, and
> transfers those settings to the Makefiles.
>
> To prepare the package (add missing files etc), generate makefiles and
> configure script, run the following commands:
> aclocal
> libtoolize --force
> automake -a
> automake
> autoconf
>
> To configure, compile, and install, run the following commands:
> ./configure
> make
> make install

Hi Kevin,

I checked out a fresh copy of OpenSRF trunk and ran through the steps.  The
only departure I made was to provide a new TMP directory.  The compilation
fails when it can't find the OpenSRF header files.

% aclocal
% libtoolize --force
% automake -a
configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac: installing `./missing'
src/c-apps/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
src/libopensrf/Makefile.am: installing `./compile'
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
% automake
% autoconf
% PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin ./configure --with-tmp_dir=/tmp/o1
% make
osrf_json_object.c:20:25: error: opensrf/log.h: No such file or directory

I see a "-I/include/" in the compile line.  Does that need to be changed to a
relative path (or an explicit path to /mypath/OpenSRF/trunk/include)?

Lookin good...

-bill

--
Bill Erickson