On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:34:43 -0400, Lori Bowen Ayre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'll try again to chime into this thread...I think my last message was blocked.

I'm going to jump in here and suggest that someone needs to get
familiar with ASN (advanced shipment notificiation) which allows the
libraries to electronically receive their materials rather than having
to check in each item one at a time.  Essentially, once the shipment
contents is verified (one order or partial orders), the items
represented on the packing slip can be uploaded using the ASN process.
 Ingram can do this and I don't know about others.  The problem, as
usual, is on the ILS side.

I don't know much more than that but I can refer you to a document at

http://www.pubnet.org/community/EDI.pdf

that may help. I can also refer you to at least one person I know of
(on the front lines) who has been watching this for some time and may
have some insights.

Let me know if I can help further.

We (the ESI folks) have spoken to Ingram about their ACQ processes and about ASN in paticular. We agree it's a cool feature and have every intention of making sure Evergreen can process ASN EDI. As we start looking closer at the process, we may take you up on your offer of help ;)

Thanks, Lori.  Let us know if you have any other thoughts/suggestions.

-b

--
Bill Erickson