On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:33:21 -0400, Ephraim Makeke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all
 I tried to do everything the documentation on installing evergreen
server instructed and i tried to do what Dan Scot suggested but still
i get the error message " * Starting web server apache2
                                                   Syntax error on
line 2 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
Invalid command '/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_placeholder.so', perhaps
misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server
configuration"

I tried to check the folder  /usr/lib/apache2/modules and the module
mod_placeholder.so does not exist. what could really be the problem. I
need to run my evergreen server for some demonstrations to other
librarians.

Hi Ephraim,

Your /etc/apache2/httpd.conf file should look something like this:

#
#LoadModule mod_placeholder /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_placeholder.so
LoadModule osrf_json_gateway_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/osrf_json_gateway.so
LoadModule xmlent_module      /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_xmlent.so

Hope this helps,

-b

--
Bill Erickson