Hi all,

Just a heads up... I just found what appears to be a bug in libxml2 version on 2.6.27.dfsg-4 on Debian Etch, which is the latest stable libxml2 release (as of late August). After parsing a certain number of jabber messages within a given SAX parser context, it just "stops working". In my test environment (2.6.18-5-amd64), it always breaks between 26k and 31k messages. This manifests itself as failed messages to the OpenSRF router: the requests go in, but they never come out the other end.

You can see what version you have installed with

$ dpkg -l libxml2 libxml2-dev

I downgraded my machine to libxml2_2.6.27.dfsg-2_amd64 and libxml2-dev_2.6.27.dfsg-2_amd64 (to match other local machines) and problem solved.

Finding old Debian packages isn't always easy, so I've put our AMD 64 versions on the open-ils.org site in case they can be of use to anyone:

http://open-ils.org/~erickson/libxml2_2.6.27.dfsg-2_amd64.deb
http://open-ils.org/~erickson/libxml2-dev_2.6.27.dfsg-2_amd64.deb

I'll try to isolate the problem so I can send something useful to the libxml2 folks.

Thanks,

-b

--
Bill Erickson