On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 10:13:04 -0400, Mike Rylander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Dan Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dojo released 1.2.0 a few days ago; here are my findings as of last
night (yay planes) with a quick run-through of Conify and Vandelay:

 * no more dojo.js.uncompressed.js - so in those few places where we
did call it, we would need to just point at dojo.js instead (a
debugging version must still be available but our defaults in
delivered files should point to dojo.js anyway)
 * dojox.grid._data.* has moved to dojox.grid.compat._data.* (this is
now deprecated and will no longer be maintained - a new Grid has been
added that will be the preferred grid going forward)
 * dojox.grid.editors has moved to dojox.grid.compat._data.editors

That's more change than I'd hoped for (or thought there would be) but
obviously not unmanageable. :)

I have attached a patch for Conify; no changes were needed for
Vandelay. My testing was largely to the point of getting things
working without JS errors in Conify and Vandelay, and testing date
picker widget / display in the OPAC, but nothing deeper.

So the question: should we switch to 1.2.0 using these compatibility
mechanisms so that the prereq will already be in place if we decide to
rewrite to use the new "easier-to-use" Grids? Or maybe it's a moot
point because we're going to sidestep the problem by packaging our own
Dojo build for EG anyway.

If we have a patch, and the JS loads, then I'm for upping the version of Dojo.

Agreed on 1.2. However, I put 1.2 on dev.gapines.org and applied the patch locally and found 2 additional issues. We seemed to have lost some styling in Vandelay (the blue gradient css) and we're getting the extra scroll bars in the Vandelay queue grid (a la pre-LayoutContainer). LayoutContainers are technically deprecated in 1.2, so even though they exist, they may be broken.

I'm experimenting with alternatives. If I run into any showstoppers, I'll report.

Thanks, Dan!

-b

--
Bill Erickson