Hello all,

Since our project adopted the idea of "release managers" in 2012, we have
managed to select each by consensus.  While we typically had elections, the
nominees until now have always run unopposed.

I find this tradition to be a beautiful thing, and one I would like to see
preserved for as long as possible.  As such, I am withdrawing myself from
consideration for the RM role for 3.0.  While I believe strongly in the
value of competition, I feel that unity is of even greater value for a
community of our size.

I hope instead that I might be considered for management of the 3.1
release.  It seems that my vision for the 3.0 release is perhaps better
suited for a 3.1 release in any case.

Sincerely,
Dan