On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 11:36:33AM +1000, Graham Billiau wrote:
> Second: My server runs Gentoo Hardened linux. Has anyone written Gentoo
> ebuilds for Evergreen? Similarly, has anyone written SELinux profiles for
> OpenSRF and Evergreen? If not, I'll write them myself.
Hi! I'm a long-time Gentoo developer (amongst other Gentoo roles) and
one of the early folk to try packaging OpenSRF/Evergreen (I think I put
in the first work circa 2008). You can find a very outdated
dev-libs/OpenSRF package in the official tree, that should provide you
with a starting point.

I spent a few years working for the BC Libraries Cooperative 2011-2015,
but therein it was custom packages of Evergreen deployed on Ubuntu.

I only got OpenSRF packaged (along with all the perl deps), and not the
rest of Evergreen, because Gentoo was just too bleeding edge to get a
reliably working Evergreen.  Erlang/ejabberd was the main source of
trouble and the writing was already on the wall for XULRunner.

> Third: Assuming I have to write the ebuilds and profiles myself, is anyone
> else interested in them? If they are I can do them neatly and make them
> available.
I can collaborate with you to get them pushed into the official Gentoo
tree with you as a Gentoo proxy maintainer (probably best to start as an
package overlay).

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
SITKA: Sysadmin