Quoting "Harbottle, Joel R" <[email protected]>:

Hi All,

I'm wondering if any one knows whether it is possible to natively install
Evergreen's server on a Macintosh running Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" without any
emulation.

It should be possible, but it won't necessarily be easy. If you don't know how to compile software and possibly tweak code as necessary, I do not recommend you try it.

I have tried getting Evergreen to work on a FreeBSD system (very similar to Mac OS X under the hood) and gave up after a couple of days of tweaking and almost getting it to work and having something else fail once I got something to work. It is much easier to get it going if you stick to GNU/Linux, particularly Debian, Ubuntu or Fedora.



We currently have a PowerMac G4 which has the recommended amount of RAM for
Evergreen's server, but it is not capable of running emulation software,
such as VirtualBox, Parallels or VMware.

A G4 is kind of slow, but for playing around with the server it may be adequate. I would not try to do any serious work running everything on a single G4.


Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what version of Evergreen would I have to install to be able to get
the web-based Acquisitions module?

You would need to install rel_1_6 or trunk from SVN to play with acquisitions.



Cheers,
Joel

Cheers,
Jason

Reply via email to