Exactly the scenario at IISH Tim, at least for part of our serials collection.

And Dan Scott is all too right for both of us:
"..
looking for a way to populate the new
serials tables with legacy MFHD data. And I'm not sure there currently is a way to get there from here, where "here" = serial.record_entry or
your previous ILS's export of MFHD records.
.."

And I am not a (PostgreSQL) database expert but it seems attractive to create "some sort of in-database solution that parses the rows of MFHD Holding Record information in serial.record_entry and uses that to populate those new serials tables" and that way build on the already existing marcbre + marcsre tools rather than create an external tool from scratch - probably based on a "staging table" approach?

I would also like to point out and stress the following:

also an EXPORTING command line tool for these new serials tables is missing: this would rebuild a full MFHD record from those tables.
That way you can:
- be sure that the new Serials Management functionalities "do the right thing" :-) with your MFHD (legacy) data - avoid "data lock-in" : if at some point you wish to move from the "Evergreen ILS" to " Futuregreen" you can be sure of MARC compliant MFHD to do so

Repke

Op 6-nov-2010, om 23:04 heeft Tim Spindler het volgende geschreven:

Specifically we are looking at exporting Marc with 853, 863 , etc and
importing into Evergreen. If I understand serials module correctly, it
builds prediction schedule from mtgs publication pattern.

Sent from my iPhone