Hi all

with "Serials in 2.0" I mean the new database setup introduced by Dan Wells + two sets of functionalities on top of that: "Serial Control View" and "Alternate Serial Control" (by two different programming teams).

And my question goes back to an early november 2010 Evergreen 2.0 alpha4 discussion [1] where we had to conclude that an importing script for MARC MFHD records to populate all the "Serials 2.0" database tables, did *not* yet exist - though several libraries (ours among them) expressed the need for it [2].

I wonder where we are now: anyone working on such a MFHD MARC records importing script or approach?

Our library might be able to contribute but one would expect that at least some script exists by now that could be further refined.

How else could we seriously introduce these new Evergreen 2.0 Serials features if we can't get the data in (not to mention: export them again) :-)

Yours, Repke de Vries, IISH

[1]  http://markmail.org/message/75tlejvni3mit5ke
[2] I do *not* mean the MFHD options + importing scripts introduced by Dan Scott in EG 1.6