Hi,

On Jun 25, 2011, at 16:39, Dan Scott <d...@coffeecode.net> wrote:

> We could add an ON CREATE trigger on biblio.record_entry to set the
> first six characters of 008 (if it exists in the record - I'm not sure
> we want to get into the business of creating 008 fields from scratch)
> by invoking to_char(create_date, 'YYMMDD') to get the properly
> formatted version of the date.

Such a trigger would work, but to avoid changing the recorded creation date of
an imported record, it should set the date only if the 008/00-05 contains
blanks or a placeholder value.

Regards,

Galen

Equinox is going to New Orleans! Please visit us at booth 550
at ALA Annual to learn more about Koha and Evergreen.