We assign update permissions to those settings we want library staff to be able to change, then give the staff those permissions at the system level. We don't give them the all settings permission, so they can only change the settings we let them.

They can, however, see all the settings and their values (as well as where they are set). If they want something changed that we don't let them change themselves they ask us and we make decisions on a request by request basis.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium

Quoting Tim Spindler <tspind...@cwmars.org>:

I was wondering what others are doing in giving their member libraries
permissions to change Library Settings.  For instance, we can see that it
would be good for a library to control their own reshelving period but we
don't necessarily want them to be able to change what fields are required in
the patron record because there is system wide policies on this.

--

Tim Spindler

Manager of Library Applications

tspind...@cwmars.org

508-755-3323 x20
IM: tjspindler (AOL, meebo, google wave)

C/W MARS, Inc.

67 Millbrook St, Suite 201

Worcester, MA 01606
http://www.cwmars.org

*P**   Go Green - **Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless it's
really necessary.*