(We are running Evergreen 2.0.9 on Ubuntu 10.04)

We have been having multiple issues with our fine generator.  Sometimes it
locks up, and sometimes multiple instances try to start (we have it locked down
to only one instance).  Right now the OpenSRF crontab is set to run it every 31
minutes.

How much more efficient (or less error-prone) are action triggers?  If we set
an action trigger to run when an item is checked in, would it pass
item-specific variables to fine_generator.pl so it will only run it on that one
item?

On a related note, does anyone use any monitoring software to notify you when
key processes hang up or stop?

Thanks much!

Jesse Ephraim

Director, Roanoke Public Library