Hi all, Me again...thank you for your assistance, I will give these a whirl and see what I can come up with. Evidently our version of Evergreen is too new (2.1.0) to be able to use any of the existing clients, but then again it could be operator error (me) :) :)
Appreciate it... Tony ******************************************* Tony Bandy [email protected] OHIONET 1500 West Lane Ave. Columbus, OH 43221-3975 1-800-686-8975 x19 ******************************************** On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Tara Robertson < [email protected]> wrote: > There's a few staff people in our library who use the Mac client that > Sitka provides on production. It works just fine. (Thanks James Fournie!) > > Cheers, > Tara > > > On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Grace Dunbar <[email protected]>wrote: > >> ** >> On 2/8/12 2:11 PM, Tony Bandy wrote: >> >> Dear all, >> >> I've been lurking on the list for a while, but wanted to introduce >> myself and ask a question. We're a library service organization here in >> Ohio and very recently have started an Evergreen consortium. We're working >> with Equinox to migrate the libraries over and so far its been pretty neat. >> My question concerns the Mac client build and install. Please pardon any >> duplications, but I'm trying to put together a staff client for 2.1.0. >> >> Hi Tony, >> As I'm sure you already know, Sitka often builds staff clients for Mac >> and puts them here: >> http://sitka.bclibraries.ca/support/staff-client-executables/ >> >> Or, you can build your own... here are the steps I've been using, >> although I'm sure someone out there has a better way. >> >> 1. Fetch & install latest *compatible* Xulrunner >> >> 2. Fetch the build directory for the version on EG you want (this is >> magic part that I usually need help with) >> >> 3. Unpack the build directory somewhere, e.g. Desktop. >> >> 4. Open Terminal app and navigate to the directory where the "build" >> directory is sitting (step included below), and these follow these steps >> and substitute the release number for X.X (e.g. 2.1). >> >> $ cd ~/Desktop/ >> $ APPNAME=EvergreenX.X >> $ sudo rm -rf "/Applications/$APPNAME.app"; >> $ /Library/Frameworks/XUL.framework/xulrunner-bin --install-app build >> /Applications "$APPNAME.app"; >> >> Hopefully, you now have an application in your Applications folder called >> "EvergreenX.X". You can run it directly from there with the usual >> double-click. >> >> Hope that helps! >> Grace >> >> -- >> Grace Dunbar >> Vice President >> Equinox Software, [email protected] >> 1-877-OPEN-ILS x5579www.esilibrary.com >> >> >
