Quoting Buzzy Nielsen <bu...@hoodriverlibrary.org>:

Do any of you have any experience with running a staff client in a 64-bit Linux environment? If so, if there something special that needs to be done when building the client to create a 64-bit version?

Yes! I build 64-bit Linux clients all the time. There are Makefile targets in Open-ILS/xul/staff_client/Makefile that will let you build 32-bit clients for Windows and Linux, a 64-bit client for Linux, and a "generic" client.

To build the clients, you could follow David Busby's excellent script, or you could simply do the following after running make install in your Evergreen source code directory:

cd Open-ILS/xul/staff_client
make rigrelease
make rebuild
make clients

The above assumes that you set STAFF_CLIENT_VERSION when you did the make install, or that you are happy with the default. It will also build all flavors of the client. If you just want the Linux 64-bit client, then replace "make clients" with

make linux64-client

There are a lot more options and make targets there depending on what you are trying to do, but the above should get you the basics that you need for a production client tailored to your system.

I usually use

make updates-client

This requires some additional software be installed on your server, but it also gives you the advantage of Windows clients that will automatically update themselves when necessary. (NOTE: I have not gotten these to work with Linux clients, but YMMV.)

Thanks for your help!

You're welcome.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services