On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 10:03:59 AM "Brian McNally" <bmcna...@mta.ca>
wrote:
> Just a general question…
> We are currently using another ILS and might be looking to switch to
> Ever Green….and were wondering how hard it is going to be to get our
> data migrated?
> We are small site with very limited computer programming expertise.
> Any advice and suggestions would be most welcome.
It looks from your website that you currently use Sirsi, there are various
vendors on here who have migrated multiple sites from Sirsi to Evergreen, but
ease of moving depends on how much customization you have done to your Sirsi
install and how clean your data is.
With us there was a lot of detail work to decide how we wanted the Sirsi
categories to be mapped to Evergreen categories, but the actual data move went
fairly well.

Aaron Z
Jr. Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System