Hi Don,

Hope I'm not being to pesty with all these questions.
No, not at all. Don't ever worry about being pesty. We've all been through those early go-live days and know how many questions they can generate.

In this case, it looks like you aren't working with Located URI's, so the relevant code for the display of URL's is in the parts/misc_util.tt2 file.

# Extract the 856 URLs that are not otherwise represented by asset.uri's
        args.online_res = [];
FOR node IN xml.findnodes('//*[@tag="856" and @ind1="4" and (@ind2="0" or @ind2="1")]'); IF node.findnodes('./*[@code="9" or @code="w" or @code="n"]'); NEXT; END; # asset.uri's
            label = node.findnodes('./*[@code="y"]');
            notes = node.findnodes('./*[@code="z" or @code="3"]');
            FOR href IN node.findnodes('./*[@code="u"]');
                NEXT UNLESS href;
# it's possible for multiple $u's to exist within 1 856 tag. # in that case, honor the label/notes data for the first $u, but
                # leave any subsequent $u's as unadorned href's.
                # use href/link/note keys to be consistent with args.uri's
                args.online_res.push({
                    href => href.textContent,
link => (loop.first AND label) ? label.textContent : href.textContent,
                    note => (loop.first) ? notes.textContent : ''
                });
            END;

As you can see from the above code, anything in subfield z or subfield 3 should display as a note. However, I think the problem you've encountered is that you are using both a subfield 3 and a subfield z. I tested this combination, and the notes do indeed disappear when both subfields are used. There may be an easy fix for this (it might be worthwhile to file a Launchpad bug), but, in the meantime, you might want to restrict yourself to just one of these subfields.

I am able to display four URLs in a record without any problem. Do all of your URL's have a first indicator of 1 and a second indicator of either 0 or 1? If they do not, then they will not display.

I also created copy records for each electronic volume, with a shelving location of "E-Resource Freely Available". What would y'all think about making the Shelving Location a hot link in the Available Copies display?

We actively try not to use copy records to represent our electronic items, so this feature would not be useful for us.

I hope this helps!
Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator