From: Open-ils-general
[mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Rogan
Hamby
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 2:04 PM
To: swills beyond-print.com; Evergreen Discussion Group
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Programmatic Merging of Bibliographic Records

Hi Jim,

It is available.  To be clear I helped create the de-duplication algorithm but
the actual coding was done by Galen Charlton of  Equinox.  You can find it
here:

http://git.esilibrary.com/?p=migration-tools.git;h=300a04108fc6a3d14424c6d365329be334114f7d

The full scope of the script goes a bit beyond the original question as it also
does de-duplication before the merging.  The merging work is done by the
merge_record_assets function that Jason referenced.

Whatever method you use I heartily recommend doing so on a testing system and
having catalogers look over the results first.

You may have already done all the due diligence but I say it for anyone reading
along as well.  I've never had problems with

this method and heard back from others with positive success with it as well
but I also heard from at least one whose data

was apparently different enough that it was not a clean merge.  Caveat usor,
let the user beware.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 2:36 PM, swills beyond-print.com