From: *Nathan Willis* <nwil...@glyphography.com <mailto:nwil...@glyphography.com>>
Date: Mon, May 2, 2016 at 7:58 PM
Subject: Texas Linux Fest 2016 CFP
To: Dan Scott <d...@coffeecode.net <mailto:d...@coffeecode.net>>

Hi Dan,

Nate Willis here; as you may or may not have heard, amongst my other
project pastimes,I'm one of the organizers of Texas Linux Fest,
which we're proud to say is the leading community Linux-and-FOSS
conference for Texas and the surrounding region. This is our seventh
year, and we're anticipating a crowd of over 1,000.

Our event is July 8th and 9th this year, in downtown Austin, TX.  We'd
really love it if some folks from Evergreen (meaning the project or the
surrounding community) can be thereā€”be they local or from out of town.

I realize that central Texas is not traditionally considered "nearby" for you,
but I was hoping that you might know of contributors on volunteers in the
region and could perhaps help us get in touch or spread the word.

I especially wanted to draw attention to our call for
participation.  We're intent on attracting a wide variety of speakers
representing open source and free software, both users and developers,
from all corners.

Or to put it another way, I'm really keen to have projects and
developers from outside the "purely commercial" world represented
strongly on our program. In the past, we've had speakers from
open-source projects in education, medicine, archiving, and
other non-profit arenas.  Evergreen would be an awesome addition.

The details are here:

http://2016.texaslinuxfest.org/call-for-papers

and the deadline is approaching, although I understand we are going to
push it out a week.

Please consider submitting a talk proposal if you have been itching to visit
Texas in July, and even if not, we would doubly love it if you could help us
spread the word by sharing the CFP with people in the Evergreen project or
user community!

If you have any questions, or if you want to know more about Texas
Linux Fest in general, please get in touch!

Thanks, from me and on behalf of the entire TXLF 2016 team,
Nate

PS - I've tried to make this email just general enough that, if you feel like
it, you could just forward it to any mailing lists or cut-and-paste it into
any discussion forum that feels appropriate. Feel free! It's also just short
enough to take to the tattoo parlor.

PPS - If there is just someone in the Austin or central-Texas area who
might like to represent the project with a booth, we do have free both space
available for non-profit projects. Please ask!

--
nathan.p.willis
nwil...@glyphography.com <mailto:nwil...@glyphography.com>