Hello, we are getting ready to re-start our billing process, and I'm trying to
figure out how to make sure we don't double bill those that had migrated
replacement/lost bills.

When we migrated we requested that our billed items be brought in with checked
out status, because that is what we were used to in Millennium.  We didn't
understand the problem that would cause down the road.  So now I'm seeing that
if we just run the MarkItemsLost action trigger, customers that had replacement
bills migrated will get a second bill for the same item, because all the copies
have a checked out status.  I think we should have brought those all in as lost
status without an open circ transaction to match up with how Evergreen handles
things.

All our migrated bills came in as grocery bills that are not directly linked to
the items.  So the bills have to be removed manually when the items are
returned, and if the bill is paid, staff have to remember to check in and mark
the item lost and paid.

So I think I have a few options.

1.       Adjust the json filter file to exclude the copies that have migrated
bills.  Is it possible to do a not exists subquery in json query?  I need to
check the money.billable_xact+money.billings for a copy barcode in the
billings.note field.

2.       Change the status of all the items that were migrated in billed to
lost and close out the circ so they get excluded that way?

3.       Manually add entries to the action_trigger.events table so those
circulations would be skipped?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Josh

Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro     | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139
LARL IT Director | Cell 218.790.2110