On 06/16/2016 05:04 PM, Josh Stompro wrote:
While we are on this subject.  What is the proper way to delete items,
then volumes/call number, bibs via sql?  I’m looking at deleting ~3000
withdrawn copies after we grab the ones that are last copies to tell
OCLC about.  I would rather not use the staff client since it seems to
have problems with that many records at once.

The best way is to use Perl to communicate with the OpenSRF services and to use

OpenILS::Application::Cat::AssetCommon->delete_copy

With the proper options, it will delete empty call numbers and bibs for
you as well as return a list of holds that need to be retargeted if
any copies remain.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services

Please note my new email address.