I limited holds for our patrons to 15 a couple of years ago.  I do not recall
seeing a way to limit by the type of hold, but I wasn’t really looking for
that.  I just wanted to stop people from putting an insane number of items on
hold and then having to tell them that they could only check out 10 of the 25
items that had triggered.

For the patrons that already had more than the limit, their existing holds
stayed put.  But they were not able to place more items on hold until those
cleared down below the limit.  Our only issue was that we initially set the
limit to 10, which was too low since people can place holds on pre-pub items.

Of course, we are just a two-branch library so this information may not work
the same in a consortial setting.

Good luck!
Deanna

Deanna Frazee
Director of Library Services
Killeen City Library System
City of Killeen, Texas
254-501-8995 (office)
254-501-7704 (fax)
dfra...@killeentexas.gov<mailto:http://dfra...@killeentexas.gov>
www.killeentexas.gov<http://www.killeentexas.gov/>

Dedicated Service – Every Day, for Everyone!