Hi Scott,

I'm am not aware of a way you can currently change the default sort. If the sort dropdown were available on the basic search screen, you could set the default by adding a parameter to your URL that sets the sort to another method. I guess it would be possible to either add the sort dropdown there or maybe a hidden field that sets to sort to the other method.

However, when https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1549505 is added to Evergreen (hopefully in 2.11) there will be a new global flag that sets the default sort for the catalog. The flag will not, however, have the ability to set a different default for individual org units.

Kathy