Mina,

We use a process that was shared with us by the by the Branch District Library, <https://www.branchdistrictlibrary.org/>, years ago. It is based on a report that shows items added in the last X days.

Following are details of the report:

The report is based on the Item source.

Displayed Fields:
Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Bib Record -> Simple Record Extracts -> Title Proper (normalized) : data type is text; field transform is Raw Data Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Bib Record -> Simple Record Extracts -> Author (normalized) : data type is text; field transform is Raw Data Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Bib Record -> Simple Record Extracts -> Publication Year (normalized) : data type is int; field transform is Raw Data Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Bib Record -> Simple Record Extracts -> Record ID : data type is id; field transform is Raw Data Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Bib Record -> Simple Record Extracts -> ISBN : data type is text; field transform is Raw Data Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Call Number Label : data type is text; field transform is Raw Data
Item -> Creation Date/Time : data type is timestamp; field transform is Date
Item -> Circulating Library : data type is text; field transform is Raw Data
Item -> Shelving Location : data type is text; field transform is Raw Data

Base Filters:
Item -> Creation Date/Time : field transform is Date; operator is Between
Item -> Circulating Library : field transform is Raw Data; Operator is In list

We then export the list to a csv file and put it on the server with a php file. Details on the original php can be found at <https://www.branchdistrictlibrary.org/professional/mieg_new_items_files/new_items_0.3.php.txt>.

Here is what Branch District's list looks like:
<https://www.branchdistrictlibrary.org/new>

We hacked it a bit to shows summaries from the MARC record when you mouse over the cover image. Here is ours:
<http://community.lib.oh.us/collections/?page=new>

I'm sure I've missed some details or mistyped something, so let me know if you need more information.

Cheers.
CM