Hi all,

We didn't get a huge response to our web client hacking day poll, but it looks like Fridays work well for the people who responded. I decided to set the two Fridays preceding 2.12 feature slush as web client hacking days. If you only can participate in one, that's fine, but I think the two days will help us focus on resolving web client issues before the 2.12 release.

The Web client hacking days, then, will be held on Friday January 27 and Friday, February 5. Community members can participate by working on web client bug fixes, otherwise improving the web client, testing fixes that have pullrequest tags or working on documentation for the web client.

I also would like to highlight a few web client bugs that I think are important to address to make pilot use of the web client in libraries as smooth as possible.

- I've already indicated that I consider the 'renew and edit due date features do not calculate correctly in web staff client' bug to be a must-fix item for the 2.12 release. Related to that bug is https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1657466. The form for editing due dates from the patron's Items Out screen will not submit.

- Hatch 2.12 omnibus - https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1646166 - we discussed this bug in the last dev meeting. Although we can pilot the web client in production without hatch, we think it's important that hatch is ready to test in production too. Bill Erickson has been working on the code for this feature and is looking for people to put their eyes on the code and the behavior.

- Item Status List View Missing Column Options - https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1528924 and Item Status (Detail View) missing actions. The Item Status interface is highly used by both circ and cataloging staff. Getting everything into this interface will improve the experience for those who opt to test the client in production.

I will be highlighting other important web client bugs as we get closer to release time. If there are any you think should be highlighted, please let me know.