De: Open-ils-general <open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org> en
nombre de Mike Rylander <mrylan...@gmail.com>
Enviado: jueves, 30 de marzo de 2017 08:40 a. m.
Para: Evergreen Discussion Group
Asunto: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Disabling SSL in Evergreen ILS

Hi,

There are several relatively simple services (some entirely
in-browser) that can get certs from Let's Encrypt available at
https://letsencrypt.org/docs/client-options/ .  If have control over
many client options - Let's
Encrypt<https://letsencrypt.org/docs/client-options/>
letsencrypt.org
Let’s Encrypt uses the ACME protocol to verify that you control a given domain
name and to issue you a certificate. To get a Let’s Encrypt certificate, you’ll

DNS for your domain, you could set up an external DNS entry for the
name of the internal server and receive a cert, then use internal
(split-brain) DNS to use that name for a private IP and make use of
the cert you generate.  These certs are fairly short-lived, but once
DNS is set up, the update process is easy.

HTH,

--
Mike Rylander
 | President
 | Equinox Open Library Initiative
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  mi...@equinoxinitiative.org
 | web:  http://equinoxinitiative.org

[https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/barricade-800x600.jpg]<https://arstechnica.com/security/2016/09/firefox-ready-to-block-certificate-authority-that-threatened-web-security/>

Firefox ready to block certificate authority that
...<https://arstechnica.com/security/2016/09/firefox-ready-to-block-certificate-authority-that-threatened-web-security/>
arstechnica.com
The organization that develops Firefox has recommended the browser block
digital credentials issued by a China-based certificate authority for 12 months
after ...