Hi Jesse,

I just wanted to chime in that I'm not aware of anyone who is working on
developing functionality like that. The self-check interface hasn't gotten
a lot of attention in the past few years, possibly because not a lot of
libraries are using it. (Only 2 or 3 libraries out of our 285 total
libraries that have opted to use it.) There are a number of things that
could be done to improve it which would encourage more people to adopt it,
like adding the ability to pay fines through the same functionality that
the OPAC uses, and to allow patrons to renew books through it.

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150