From: Open-ils-general
[mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Terran
McCanna
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 10:16 AM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Self-Check and locking media cases

>>Renewal seems to work fine.  You just scan an item that's
already checked out and it figures out that a renewal is in order and
available.<<
Interesting. There's nothing in the interface that tells the patron that they
can do that, or that tells them how. Patrons typically don't have books in hand
when they wish to renew, so they'd need to understand that they could go to the
Items out screen and copy and paste the barcodes. Online instructions would
help, but it still wouldn't as user friendly as the method of renewal in My
Account.

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150
Atlanta, GA 30345
404-235-7138
tmcca...@georgialibraries.org<mailto:tmcca...@georgialibraries.org>

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Mike Rylander