We are new to Evergreen, and we are trying to set our serials up using serial
control.  I have a quarterly, with seasons, where the calendar change occurs
with the Winter issue.  So that Fall 2016 is followed by Winter 2017.  I have
made multiple attempts at creating a prediction for this title, but no matter
what I do, Evergreen insists on predicting the issues as Fall 2016, Winter
2016, Spring 2017, Summer 2017, Fall 2017, Winter 2017, etc., when it should be
Fall 2016, Winter 2017, Spring 2017, Summer 2017, Fall 2017, Winter 2018, etc.

I've checked Launchpad to see if there were any reported bugs related to this
problem and I could not find any.  I've also looked at the Evergreen wiki and
Sitka sites for pattern suggestions, and I haven't found a solution there
either, although I may have missed something.  In both of our former systems,
the pattern for this was easy to set up, although neither system used the same
method for creating patterns that Evergreen does.

There ought to be a way to do this, since it's a common pattern, but so far I
haven't been able to figure it out in Evergreen.  We need to get it working,
because we will have more serials like this.  Does anyone have a pattern that
works for when the publication is quarterly with seasons and the year changes
with the Winter issue instead of the Spring issue?

Here is one attempt I made.  I can't figure out why it doesn't work.  The
volume number does correctly change with the Winter issue, but the year does
not.  All suggestions welcome!

["0","0","8","1","a","v.","b","no.","u","4","v","c","i","(year)","j","(season)","w","q","x","24"]

Our former system also allowed us to alter predicted issues.  If Evergreen
would let us do that, we could at least manually change the predicted issues to
the correct information, but I can't find a way to do that either.  If there is
a way to change individually predicted issues, please let us know.

Thanks!

[NC_State_Seal PMS 2955]Irene Patrick
Library & Information Management Systems Librarian
N.C. Government & Heritage Library
State Library of North Carolina
N.C. Dept. of Natural and Cultural Resources
(919) 807-7413
irene.patr...@ncdcr.gov<mailto:irene.patr...@ncdcr.gov>

109 E. Jones Street  |  4640 Mail Service Center  |  Raleigh, North Carolina
27699-4600

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the
North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/ncghl>
Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/ncpedia>
YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/statelibrarync>