From: Rogan Hamby [mailto:rha...@equinoxinitiative.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 5:25 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general@list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: [External] Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Publication Year in Reports

CAUTION: External email. Do not click links or open attachments unless
verified. Send all suspicious email as an attachment to
report.s...@nc.gov<mailto:report.s...@nc.gov>.

Hi Irene,

Are you using the reporter table for this?  I have seen this before there and
not had the tuits to look into it in any depth since I've only seen it on rare
occasions but checking a few data sets it's not hard to find examples under a
number of scenarios and it's not hard to imagine a regular expression creating
this result.  It's probably worth a launchpad bag and some discussion on how to
handle it.  Maybe we should be checking for a four digit number and using it
when found.

Ultimately that table might get replaced with newer functionality of course as
the pub date field itself isn't RDA friendly but that's another discussion.

Rogan Hamby

Data and Project Analyst

Equinox Open Library Initiative

phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)

email:  ro...@equinoxinitiative.org<mailto:ro...@equinoxinitiative.org>
web:  http://EquinoxInitiative.org

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Patrick, Irene