Josh,

That's an interesting question!  I keep 3 snapshots on a logging server (last 3 days).  Once a week the latest snapshot gets sent to a cloud offsite backup service where I keep another 3 snapshots.  We also run streaming replication so a second database server is continuously archiving the live database.  And then there are the WAL archives which get written to the logging server and also sent to the offsite service with their snapshot.

I constantly think I don't have enough backups.  I can't imagine what the cost would be in time, lost productivity, and diminished service if a disaster happened and there was no viable backup.

Martha Driscoll
Systems Manager
North of Boston Library Exchange
Danvers, Massachusetts