I'll add this to the bug, but the underlying reason is that on iOS all
browsers are forced to use the Safari browser's engine; this means that any
of the standards-based enhancements that Firefox and Chrome bring to other
platforms, such as Service Workers (used in the Web Staff Client for
offline transaction support etc), won't work on iOS until Apple updates
Safari to support those standards as well.

In short: to make the web staff client work on iOS in even a limited
fashion, the Evergreen developers will have to add Safari to the supported
web browser list. Requiring developers to have an iOS device to even start
debugging this particular issue is a barrier for some of us.