Hello, we haven't worked on authority control for many years, and have been learning about Authority control in Evergreen. Once I started looking into it I noticed that we had a large percentage of unused/duplicate authority records in our system. I just wanted to share the steps I took to mark deleted and then fully purge the authority records that were not being used to clean up our database. There were about 100K out of 220K authority records in our system that were not being referenced by any bibs or other authority records.
This should also significantly reduce the authority reingest time for our 2.12.6-3.0.0 upgrade step. I put the sql examples in a github gist. https://gist.github.com/stompro/d036829ff1fd4e0fe3dcddf8a75b4e77 Josh Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org Josh Stompro | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139 LARL IT Director | Cell 218.790.2110