We're looking for another person to join our growing team here at NC Cardinal!

https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/2130901/nc-cardinal-systems-administrator

NC Cardinal is a consortium of North Carolina public libraries that share an
instance of Evergreen, and share resources with other member libraries. Our
Evergreen instance is hosted by MOBIUS, but we're looking to add additional
technical capacity on our team. We're currently a team of four
(https://statelibrary.ncdcr.gov/ld/nc-cardinal), located moments away from the
Research Triangle Park in Raleigh, North Carolina. The Triangle is a great
place to live, with lots of interesting things going on.

The NC Cardinal Systems Administrator provides technical expertise in managing
and developing the NC Cardinal Evergreen Integrated Library System (ILS)
application.  Duties include, but are not limited to:

  *   Identifying technical needs; evaluating existing software; and
participating in long-range software development
  *   Advising and collaborating with public library staff to effectively
resolve complex technical issues regarding NC Cardinal services
  *   Assessing and analyzing trends in customer needs and service issues;
assisting in planning and implementing customer service improvements
  *   Investigating issues identified by clients and developing solutions
through configuration changes, system modifications or software development.

Occasional travel required.

To qualify for this position, you must meet ALL the following Knowledge, Skills
and Abilities / Competencies listed below:

  *   Considerable knowledge of and skills related to the use of current
library systems, technologies and tools used in the library and information
science profession.
  *   Considerable knowledge of the services and programs provided to library
users including access to library data, collections and information (electronic
and physical), and digital services
  *   Demonstrated knowledge of integrated library systems
  *   Demonstrated knowledge of open-source software development
  *   Demonstrated knowledge of shell scripting, Object Oriented Programming,
and SQL
  *   Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel

 Management Preferences:

  *   Demonstrated skill with technical documentation.
  *   Demonstrated knowledge of administering Linux based systems
  *   Demonstrated experience in organizing projects, including setting goals,
determining benchmarks and meeting deadlines.
  *   Excellent written and oral communication skills.

[cid:image001.png@01D41919.DE4270C0]Benjamin Murphy
NC Cardinal Program Manager
NC Dept. of Natural and Cultural Resources
919.807.7424  |  benjamin.mur...@ncdcr.gov<mailto:benjamin.mur...@ncdcr.gov>
https://statelibrary.ncdcr.gov/ld/nc-cardinal

109 East Jones Street  | 4640 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-4600

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina
Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.