Do you have a personal account or a business account?

From: Open-ils-general
[mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of
Shannon Midyett
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 3:19 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general@list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] - Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Information on setting up Pay
online

Bill,

The Poplar Bluff Municipal Library uses PayPal for online payments. There's a
place in Evergreen settings to place the PayPal API. Paypal provides the API in
your customer profile, you simply copy and paste this API into the Evergreen
settings. Staff can then accept credit\debit card payments via the Evergreen
client and patrons can pay with debit\credit cards from My Account via the
OPAC. We can process payments with a dummy patron account in the Evergreen
client for anyone who doesn't have a library card (i.e copies, book sales,
etc.)  Staff process credit/debit card payments for meeting rooms via phone or
in person via the Evergreen client; however, Paypal will allow staff to develop
a payment button to place on our website that would allow patrons to pay for
meeting rooms from the website, we just haven't launched this feature yet.

We will shortly be launching a Donate now button on our website, that will
allow patrons to send a one time or monthly recurring donation to the library
using their Paypal account or credit/debit card.

The amounts taken in each day are reflected in our Evergreen daily cash report.
 We have PayPal set up to "autosweep" our balance into our bank account each
night.

We have been running with this setup since 2011-2012. Last time I ran the
numbers, it was averaging 9-10% of receipts in PayPal fees.

Let me know if you would like any additional details.

Shannon Midyett
Assistant Director

[logosignature]
Poplar Bluff Municipal Library
318 North Main Street | Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
e: shan...@poplarbluff.org<mailto:shan...@poplarbluff.org>
t: (573) 686 – 8639 | d: (573) 203 - 4676
website<http://poplarbluff.org/> |
newsletter<http://poplarbluff.org/ots_issuu.html> | Annual
Report<http://poplarbluff.org/annualreport.html> | Digital
Library<http://poplarbluff.org/downloads.html>
[Inline image 1]<http://www.facebook.com/poplarbluffpubliclibrary>
[Inline image 2]<http://pbpl-genealogy.blogspot.com/>
[Inline image 4]<http://pinterest.com/pbmld>
[cid:image004.png@01D4FC34.94AC3640]<http://instagram.com/poplarbluffmunicipallibrary>

Poplar Bluff Municipal Library District with its community partners provides and
promotes equal access to reading, information, cultural and intellectual
resources.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 1:09 PM Bill Coffey