Greetings, I've run into an issue where the reporting module does not
appear to want to restart.

Reports are run on the log server against the replicated database server.
Normally what I do is:

   - just restart it per

http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/3.1/_starting_and_stopping_the_reporter_daemon.html
as
   opensrf user

I've also done the following:

   - Restarted all osrf services on the application and log servers along
   with ejabberd/memcached where applicable.
   - Killed all processes on the database server older than 2 minutes.
   - Re-ran replication of the production server to replicated database
   server. I did this just to rule out that there was not an issue with the
   replicated copy because we did have a fines issue that was related to the
   replication at one point.
   - I ran "SELECT now()-query_start,pid,state,application_name,waiting
   FROM pg_stat_activity;" but had to remove ",waiting" as it threw an error.
      - That returns a list of processes like open-ils.cstore,
      open-ils.pcrud, open-ils.reporter-store and the like. I attempted to kill
      the old reporter-store processes with the command "SELECT
      pg_cancel_backend(backend_pid);" and Clark stopped, and while it
returned a
      value of true showing the process was dead, when I re-ran it, it
appears to
      still be present.

I don't see anything else under
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/reorg/3.1/command_line_admin/Evergreen_Documentation.pdf
or https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=scratchpad:random_magic_spells
.

The only thing I haven't tried, but shouldn't need to, is to actually
restart that server, but am waiting until there is someone physically
present in case it does not properly restart on its own.

-Jon