Erez Zilber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I suspect that there's a bug related to starting/stopping open-iscsi. I
> ran the following script:
>
> #!/bin/bash
>
> loop_cnt=$1
>
> usage="usage: $0 <loop count>"
>
> if [ $# -ne 1 ]; then echo $usage; exit 1; fi
>
> if [ -e /etc/init.d/open-iscsi ]; then
>         ISCSI_INIT_SCRIPT=/etc/init.d/open-iscsi
> else if [ -e /etc/init.d/iscsi ]; then
>         ISCSI_INIT_SCRIPT=/etc/init.d/iscsi
> fi
> fi
>
> for ((i=0;i<$loop_cnt;i++))
> do
>         date
>         echo "Starting open-iscsi ($i)"
>         $ISCSI_INIT_SCRIPT start
>         echo "Stopping open-iscsi ($i)"
>         $ISCSI_INIT_SCRIPT stop
> done
>
> At some point, open-iscsi fails to start:
>
> Starting iSCSI initiator service: startproc:  exit status of parent of
> /sbin/iscsid: 1
>                                                                       done
> Stopping open-iscsi (969)

I have not seen this. I tried your script and it ran for a day with no
problems.

There is a issue with insmoding and rmmoding scsi_transport_iscsi. The
problem has something to do with the core driver model code (I do not
remember the details off the top of my head). Did you see any oops in
the logs?

If you add some debugging info to iscsid can you tell where iscsid fails?