On 8. jan.. 2008, at 10:29, Mike Christie wrote:
> I am not sure if that will work for you because I am not sure what the
> ubuntu scripts do. The shutdown -h workaround is for a RHEL/Fedora
> scripts issue.
>
> What are the last messages printed out when you reboot the box? Is it
> something about sending a cache sync for sdXYZ, then a message about a
> conn error? If so then the ubuntu scripts are probably turning off the
> network too soon. They need to log off all the sessions then stop the
> network, or modify the shutdown sciprts so they do not shutdown the
> network if iscsi is running.

No, there is no cache sync error messages, nor conn error messages.

I have tried rebooting after having unmounted and then stopping the
open-iscsi service manually, but it still hung on reboot.

Usually it gives an
iscsi: can not broadcast skb (-3)

after the rebooting now message, but that came earlier when I stopped
iscsi manually, and appeared unrelated to me.

However, the /dev/sdx devices created by open-iscsi continues to exist
after iscsi targets are logged off and disconnected. Could this be the
cause of the issue?

Regards

--
Andreas Bergstrøm