Anil Veerabhadrappa wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 07:22 -0600, Mike Christie wrote:
>> Hey Broadcom guys and iscsi list,
>>
>> I put up all my changes to the bnx2i driver in the bnx2i branches of the
>> open-iscsi git tree and linux-2.6-iscsi.
> Thanks Mike
>
>> It hooks bnx2i into the iscsi layers like how iser and iscsi_tcp is,
>> except that it allocates a scsi_host per net device instead of per session.
>>
>> The code is only compile tested, and I am sure it is very broken because
>> lot of code changed:
> got following error messages while trying to test this, any idea?

Come man, time to put on your super hero debugging cap on. When I said I
am sure it is broken I really meant that it is horribly broken :)

This error normally happens, when something goes completely screwy and
you end up with partially created or partially destroyed kernel sessions
or connections.

> iscsiadm: Could not read def iface iface0 (err 22)
> iscsiadm: Invalid iface name iface.example. Must be from 1 to 64 characters.
> iscsiadm: Invalid iface name iface1. Must be from 1 to 64 characters.
> iscsiadm: Invalid iface name iface2. Must be from 1 to 64 characters.
> iscsiadm: Could not read def iface iface0 (err 22)
> iscsiadm: Invalid iface name iface.example. Must be from 1 to 64 characters.
> iscsiadm: Invalid iface name iface1. Must be from 1 to 64 characters.
> iscsiadm: Invalid iface name iface2. Must be from 1 to 64 characters.
> iscsiadm: Could not read def iface iface0 (err 22)
> iscsiadm: Invalid iface name iface.example. Must be from 1 to 64 characters.
> iscsiadm: Invalid iface name iface1. Must be from 1 to 64 characters.
> iscsiadm: Invalid iface name iface2. Must be from 1 to 64 characters.
> iscsiadm: Could not read node record for
> iqn.2001-04.com.broadcom:iscsi-target 172.18.48.190 3260 default
> iscsiadm: Could not read node record for
> iqn.2001-04.com.broadcom:ramdisk-target 172.18.48.190 3260 default
> iscsiadm: Could not read node record for
> iqn.2001-04.com.example:storage.disk2.sys1.xyz 172.18.48.190 3260 default

Run iscsiadm with -d 8 to get more debugging. It looks like fopen of
some file in /etc/iscsi/ifaces failed. Might be some issue caused from
bad handling of the first error since the first error's code path only
happens when we hit really nasty kernel errors (typically where we
goofed up in the kernel during development).