Mike Christie wrote:
> Hey Broadcom guys and iscsi list,
>
> I put up all my changes to the bnx2i driver in the bnx2i branches of the
> open-iscsi git tree and linux-2.6-iscsi.
>
> It hooks bnx2i into the iscsi layers like how iser and iscsi_tcp is,
> except that it allocates a scsi_host per net device instead of per session.
>
> The code is only compile tested, and I am sure it is very broken because
> lot of code changed:
>
>   bnx2i.h       |  272 ------
>   bnx2i_hwi.c   |  930 +++++++++++-----------
>   bnx2i_init.c  |   15
>   bnx2i_iscsi.c | 2365
> +++++++++++-----------------------------------------------
>   4 files changed, 947 insertions(+), 2635 deletions(-)
>
> There are also lots of TODO items in the code. Grep for TODO and/or mnc
> for review comments mixed into the code, and check out the git commits
> for some more todo items.

One thing I forgot was that in the bnx2i driver I was grabbing the
session spin lock with spin_lock_irqsave, but in libiscsi we use
spin_lock_bh since the software initiators recv path gets run directly
from a softirq or tasklet.

It looked like bnx2i's bnx2i_hwi.c processing actually got run from the
network layer's softirq instead of a driver's interrupt handler. Is that
right? We need to sync up the driver to use spin_lock_bh or modify the
libiscsi code to use spin_lock_irqsave.