From: open-iscsi@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Erez Zilber
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:40 AM
To: open-iscsi@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: setting up initiator-target pair

__mango wrote:

> I am trying to set up an iscsi communication. I use  open-
> iscsi-2.0-865.15 for initiator and iscsitarget-0.4.0 as target.
>
> 1. Is this target compatible with the initiator.

It should be. I think that many people use that target (although I
don't).

> 2. There is no issue with kernel versions. i try to set up a session
> and i get absolutely no messages. It tells initiator is running fine.

First, make sure that your initiator name was set correctly in
/etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi

What's the output of the following commands:

   1. open-iscsi service:
         1. If you're running on RedHat: /etc/init.d/iscsi status
         2. If you're running on SuSE: /etc/init.d/open-iscsi status
   2. iscsiadm -m node
   3. iscsiadm -m session

If "iscsiadm -m node" doesn't show any nodes, you'll need to discover
them first. Try the iscsi_discovery script. It also has a man page.

If "iscsiadm -m node" shows nodes but "iscsiadm -m session" doesn't show
any nodes, try to login to those nodes. I think that the README has some
very useful examples.

> 3. The ReadMe s are not of much help.
>
> Can anyone redirect me to a place where there is a doc about practical

> setup of an iscsi.

I don't know about other docs. BTW - did you read the man pages?

Erez