Jesper Krogh wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm new to this iSCSI things. But the SAN I'm testing agains has 3 1GB
> interfaces.. all put together as one "portal ip-adress".
>
> I have 4 1GB interfaces in my main host. What is the preferred way of
> making I/O at above 100MB/s in a setup like this? Bonding the NIC's under
> linux or does the iSCSI-initiator need to get some details?

You can also do a block level approach. If you use the current tools on
open-iscsi.org, then you can setup the initiator so we create a session
through each nic on the main host that connects to the one portal
ip-address on the target (see the iface info in the iscsi README). Then
you can use dm-multipath to round-robin over all those sessions.

I have not done any benchmarking of dm-multipath + iscsi iface vs bonding.