Hi folks:

  I have a Ubuntu 7.10 machine with a 10 GbE card connected to a
target.  Same machine running Centos 5.1 connects with no problem to
target using 865 code.  Booting this machine into Ubuntu (2.6.22-14
kernel by default, though we have also verified that this fails in the
same way with a 2.6.23.14 kernel), and then attempting to log in to
the same target that just worked with the Centos load (on that same
machine), results in an immediate hard kernel lock.  No data to screen/
nothing in the logs.  Keyboard lights are flashing, but no real data
as to what is the cause is available.

  Any thoughts?  Any work arounds?  I have tried the 865, the 868
code.  Thanks.

Joe